Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Whacko Jacko Post

Ok, I'll probably get the insensitive bastard tag here, so if your a Michael Jackson fan, just stop reading. I'll start off by saying that my thoughts and prayers do go out to his family, it's the media's portrayal of him as a saint that has got me miffed. I know Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer in his time, but how can some people see only that and not his infamous later years? I hate it that the guy died and my heart goes out to his family, but this "man" had some serious issues! I mean, the guy actually said there was nothing wrong with sharing a bed with a child. If it's your kid and they sleep with Mommy and Daddy because the storm woke them up or the boogey-man is waiting in the closet, thats fine, but when it is just random kids coming over to "share the love by sharing a bed" that is just disgusting. I'm too young to have been around in his glory days, but just from watching T.V. I think he forfeited the title of "King of Pop" a LONG time ago. It made me sick to see Farrah Fawcett become old news this afternoon, someone who didn't lead a perfect life, but a lot more respectable than Michael Jackson's. I guess thats the mainstream media for you though. I will give it to the guy though, he was an awesome performer. I remember watching Thriller on MTV when I was a kid, and at the time I was thinking "what the hell is going on??", looking WAY back, the guy was actually pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should have spent the last five years of his life in prison.

He's getting just desserts now.

Denney Crane said...

Michael Jackson was a phenomenally talented entertainer. I grew up enjoying his performance as much as his music; but, if it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, sounds like a pig and feels like a pig, it's probably a pig.

Unfortunately, he became a victim of a dysfunctional family environment. Child abuse produces child abusers. Inhibited emotionally, mentally and socially...

He seemed unable to experience love, peace or acceptance. His pain and suffering was far from a charmed life.

Hypocrisy now fills the world because he died. He was publicly condemned, and now by his death, is redeemed as a saint. Excuse me, but that's bullshit.

Loved his music, sorry he's gone, hope he finds the peace and love he so desperately desired; but his behavior was far from normalcy.