Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween '09


--No kiddo for me this year, so here are the nieces and nephews.
--It was pretty fun on my street for Halloween, they shut the street down and make a really big deal out of it.
--The Bridgeport Police "Central Command Combat Headquarters" was practically in my front yard, which was cool in an annoying kind of way.
--Most original costume: A guy in a huge Wheaties box with a hole cut out where his face goes.
--Transformers seemed to be the popular costume for the kids this year.
--Whatever happened to saying "Thank You" after someone gives you candy?? Seriously, I probably had only about thirty kids say thank you, and most of those were mumbles while they were high tailing it across the street.
--The Father's House church out on 380 had a really cool "Light The Night" set-up at the Preacher's house, that guy is super nice, and seems to really be in touch with the youth.
--I think there should be a cut-off age for trick-or-treating. If you can drive yourself from house to house, it's time to give it up. Seriously, aren't kids that age supposed to be egging teacher's houses or something?

1 comment:

RPM said...

I had to work Halloween, but we had a few kids arrive in costume and we did give out candy to them. The best was a pair of kids 2 & 3 that were very excited. The little one kept saying what I thought was "Look at me!" but was really saying "Trick or Treat!".

They made out like bandits.