Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday's Updates

--No pictures this time, but we got to hear the baby's heartbeat today! Talk about exciting stuff, it made it feel so much more real.
--In less than a month on January 4th we get to find out what were having, I can't wait!
--After trying to think of a million ways to get out of it I dragged Wendy along with me to my company's Christmas Party on Sunday, and was surprised to actually have a really good time!
--I love Christmas, so I tried to ape shit with the Christmas lights this year, but holy cow that stuff is expensive when you have to buy a tree and everything! I am for sure gonna stock up on stuff right after Christmas this year. I'll be the Clark Griswold of the block, you just watch. Or not. Maybe.
--Commercials that really irritate me: the Old Navy "Modelquins", the Levi's "Pioneers" commercials, the hamburger commercial where the guy is eating the tiny little meal, any commercial that uses the term "anal seepage" or "have a happy period". Nice.
--I had a whole list of these in my head when I was watching TV twenty minutes ago.
--Oh yeah! Those commercials for that damn Flip video camera, I bought one when they came out two years ago and it was a royal piece of crap. It wouldn't work with the then cutting edge Windows Vista.
--I get irritated when someone goes out of their way to spread their bad mood around. I get irritated when people get about things that cannot be controlled. I'm in a really "irritated" mood this evening.
--The s*#% was definitely about to hit the fan on Twitter Saturday night, that was tense. Why do Mommy and Daddy always have to yell?!?!?
--FYI, never drive all the way to Wal Mart to pick up Dramamine four your nauseous, pregnant wife. IGA is about the only place that has it.
--Something I'm not afraid to admit: My wife got me completely hooked on Brpthers and Sisters.
--This blog always feels like a burden when you don't update it, but it's pretty satisfying once you get to typing.
--I went against my better judgement and watched Bruno the other night. My review: DONT.
--Start Trek really ended up being a really cool "crash, boom, bang" kind of flick, and that was the first time I have ever watched Star Trek.

3 comments:

mitzi.reaves said...

I love the Old Navy commercials. Can't imagine that everyone doesn't crack up the way I do.

Silicone Alley said...

I always stock up on stuff after any holiday. Gets me excited when at the following year I have new things to put up around the house.

Tell your wifey to tell her doc about her nausea. Mine prescribed me Zofran. It was the best!

Kathleen... said...

Old Navy commercials drive me insane too. So do the paper ads. Uncomfortably weird.

I didn't have any nausea...just drank Sprite by the gallons. It's great when the heartburn is about to toss hairballs out of your mouth onto your tummy.

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. It's special, magical and redeeming. =) I'm never one to stock up on anything but DID happen to pick up some slashed stuff post-Christmas Day last year....Sili's right - the little presents to yourself by way of new stuff next year is FUN. =)

Then Mrs. Ryan delivers Baby Ryan, send me your home address? I want to send the Baby our family Welcome. =)