Monday, July 14, 2008

Changes in my life.

I just got back from my honeymoon, which explains my screeching halt of postings,and I can honestly say that I have never been so nervous in my life,but just like in the movies, that all fades away when she starts walking down the aisle and you know right then that you made the right decision. So the we head for Cancun, which was an amazing experience in itself that I will share with you guys later. But it really made take a look at myself and my life. I had forgotten how awakening a
good long vacation can be. You get so wrapped up in work and worries and you don't notice the immense weight it puts on your life until it just about too much to bear and you lose sight of whats really important. So this got me thinking about the husband I want to become for my new wife. I promised myself to always financially support her and our family (whenever that time comes years from now, cross your fingers!), but also to always be there for them, no matter what. My father worked his butt off in the oilfield my whole life, and still does to this day, but he was always there for me,I have no idea how he did it, but I thank God every day that he did. I just hope that I can be at least half the man and father he is.

Anyway, I'm just typing it as I think it. You know, its good to be back, I missed this place.

4 comments:

betty boop said...

Congratulations and welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and welcome to the rest of your life. Always remember that financial security is not always the most important item to focus on in a successful marriage. You are to be the spiritual leader of your household. Respect and love your wife as a partner. She will love you and respect you as well. Good luck!

Silicone Alley said...

Just remember that she is always right! LOL

Congrats!

Jarhead™ said...

Dude, start posting again!! We're missing you!