Monday, September 8, 2008

Why I support John McCain




I've really taken alot of heat for being a big supporter of the McCain/Palin ticket this election, especially from my family. Most of my family have always, and probably always will, vote Democratic because generally the Democrats are better for the working man of America, and I praise them for standing up for what they believe in. This year ,however, I will be the black sheep and back John McCain, who in my opinion is the only logical choice.

I am voting for John McCain because the man is true American hero. Whenever he speaks you can tell that he loves his country above all else, and he is not ashamed to stand up for what is right and what he believes in, no matter unpopular it is.

Bipartisanship has torn this country to shreds, I often think how ashamed the founding fathers would be of us if they could see what has happened to our government. Whatever happened to "We The People"? Not "We The Republicans" or "We The Democrats" or whoever happens to be the senate majority. I personally believe that U.S. Government is a mockery of what this country was in 1776. I don't know who said it,it may have even been St. Obama, but one of my favorite campaign sayings was , "Not red states, not blue states, but United States." If that was Obama, I would have to pat his back for that one, but just that once.

That's why I like Johnny Mc. He didn't preach "party unity after rough primaries" at the RNC, he supported Republicans and Democrats to work together to solve problems, not arguing and further widening the rift in this country.

Anyway he may not have the media's or celebrity's support, but, for what it's worth, hes got mine.