Monday, February 23, 2009

Supporting *cringe* BHO

Let me start off by saying that I did not vote for Barack Obama nor do agree with his policies, but he is the President and I will support him within reason. I consider myself a conservative and look forward to the day the true GOP regains power, not Dubya's GOP, not Rush Limbaugh's GOP, but a true conservative party with the best interest of the American people at heart, not personal agenda.

That being said, I do feel some sense of pride knowing that America elected a man named Barack Hussein Obama to lead her. It infuriates me when liberals throw a hissy fit every time someone uses President Obama's middle name when referring to him, why should that be upsetting? If anything you should be proud of your country when you hear that, knowing that racial and cultural walls of hatred have been torn down. There is no doubt that some use the name in a derogatory sense, but that just opens a chance to attempt to tear down more walls. Maybe the "Change We Need" starts with us, not the White House. The only way we will ever see "Change" is if we all try to move forward. So, like I said, I will give the President my support within reason to better this country, let's just hope that's actually where were headed.

1 comment:

RPM said...

I completely agree with giving him a chance. What he does with that chance is his own responsability.

The problem with those using his name is the way they pronounce it and the underscored hatred behind it. Just like when George Wallace pronounced "negro" "nigg-ro".

The ball is definitely in his court for the first 100 days. After that it's time to ask questions about his performance.

This is nothing new. Obama's heritage has nothing to do with it. It's just a sideshow. This is the political machine in operation.