Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve Thoughts


--I don't know why I'm up at 12:30 right now, I worked late yesterday and went in super early this morning to wrap up end of month paperwork before we met the masses. Speaking of end of month paperwork, what a load of crap! I hate doing stacks of redundant reports that corporate can print themselves with the push of a button, but oh well, thats why they sign my check.
--The new Bad News Bears with Billy Bob Thornton is quite possibly the most hilarious movie ever. But I must be a big Billy Bob fan, cause Bad Santa is a very close second. But sometimes that guy is just weird.
--You wouldn't believe the number of people who asked us if we were open for Thanksgiving. WTF?
--Good deals be damned, there is no possible chance that you could get me into Wal-Mart or any other big store on Friday.
--I actually had a guy today griping about gas prices dropping so drastically. Seriously.
--Everybody have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours !

Jarhead™ said...

I would never, under any circumstances shop on Black Friday. I think the same "deals" can be had in the month leading up until Christmas.

Open on Thanksgiving? Pfft.

The above two sentiments show that the holidays no longer represent what they were intended to ~ they've become a orgy of consumption. Pitiful. Luckily there are a few of us who still pay thanksgiving and Christmas their due reverence.

Re:bitching about gas prices ~ proof that people will always find shit to complain about. Nothing is ever good enough.

RPM said...

If you like Billy Bob comedies check out "Waking Up In Reno".