Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Ranting


I must have got it from my Mom, cause I know it didn't come from my Dad, but I love Christmas. I never really have been into it quite as much as this year though, maybe because it's mine and my wife's first Christmas since we were married, maybe not. She and I are polar opposites when it comes to Christmas, I have Christmas music playing all day and she hates it when Ive got it on in the truck. Oh well, I still wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

I can't wait to get out of this apratment just so I have my own hous that I can light up like Clark Griswold. While I love all the music and decoraitons of the season, I also hate it because I know its all just commercialization of the holiday, rather than the actual celebration of Christ's birth. It really bothers when you can tell someone is saying Happy Holidays to keep from avoiding a liberal, that to me is very offensive, but apparently there is a double standard to this rule. This was supposed to be a happy post about the joys of Chrstmastime, but in this day and age joy and sorrow seem to go hand in hand. The powers that be are attempting to take the joy away from Christmas by pulling the foundation right from under it. Credit card companies jump at the chance to take advantage of a struggling parent, and the sucking them deeper in the whole. It's a shame when a family is forced into debt just to be able to put a smile on their child's face, and don't get me wrong I am not blaming parents, I'm blaming the corrupt uppers of America. Why not give this season not take, take, take? To hang on to last cent of profit?

This may not make much sense caused I'm all riled up, and it may not do a damn bit of good, but it feels better to get just a little bit off my chest.

3 comments:

RPM said...

Ya know, I'm pretty much a Grinch. Christmas has been overcommercialized (is that a word?) to the point of nausea.

[old man voice]When I was a kid we were happy to get whatever we got for Christmas.[/old man voice] Hell, I'm lying. I wanted the new G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip as much as the rich kid living on Nottingham Circle. Difference was I didn't get it and had to learn how to deal with life and appreciate what I was lucky enough to get instead.

LandShark 5150 said...

I tend to be happy up til Christmas day then I become the Grinch. My heart shrinks 10 times that day at the very thought of Christmas is just a year away. And that seems way to soon.

LandShark 5150 said...

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and yours. Found another Christopher Walken SNL vid--Col. Angus. May run head to head with the cowbell.
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/christopher-walken/videos/1488000