Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Philadelphia


This was my first movie I have received from Netflix, which is awesome by the way, and my first time to watch this movie. WOW, what a powerful film. I'm not a homophobe, but I will admit a few parts of it freaked me out, but other than that this was an amazing movie. I don't think I have ever seen a movie with Tom Hanks or Denzel Washington that I didn't enjoy, they are just phenomenal actors. I liked how this movie didn't just throw the "gayness" at you the whole way through, just enough where you know its there. Anyway, I highly recommend this one, its just about a guy's fight through extreme circumstances for what is fair and just, even though some people, myself included, don't agree with his lifestyle. Awesome movie.

Plus, its got an awesome Springsteen track as the opener.

3 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Great review, Ryan -- and I agree on all counts. It wasn't at all like Brothers & Sisters on ABC...Kevin and his husband kiss...Mr. Obi almost passes out every time.

Philadephia was a terrific movie, although I've never wanted to see it again.

Netflix rocks huge happy boulders in Yellowstone. =)

Ryan said...

Yeah, this is a one time watch for myself as well. I'm trying to rent all the classics I should have seen but haven't, I've got The Graduate and Rain Man quede up next.

Kathleen... said...

Ahhh.....Charlie Babbitt. Charlie Babbitt....Charlie Babbitt....lol.