Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend "Road Trip"

--While riding down 281 to Lampasas and then over to Killeen, I saw probably 150 to 200 McCain/Palin sings and probably only abou 15 Obama/Biden signs. That was cool.

--The Killeen/Fort Hood area seemed much cleaner and nicer since I was there this time last year.

--There also seemed to be alot of new hotels there, I wonder how many will shut down when we finally pull out of Iraq and the yearly deployments down there stop.

--The weather was amazing this weekend.

--Whoever put the convienence store/truck stop at the intersection of 281 and I-20 is a very, very wealthy man.

--Do the Walton's still own the Rockin' W ranch near Mineral Wells? I didn't see the signs with their brand on the gates this time.

--This weekend wore me out, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I talked to a trapper the other day that said the ranch is still in the Walton's family.